It’s been a quiet day here and I don’t have much to report. I spent the Saturday working around the house and doing uni work. Nothing very exciting, I suppose, but I ticked off a lot of my to-do list and am feeling pretty accomplished!
Breakfast was a big bunch of grapes and an iced coffee that I ate/drank while settling in with my book.
Between breakfast and dinner, I:
- finished painting the dresser and its drawers
- reassembled the dresser, drawers and knobs, and re-filled the set with all of my clothes
- got some exercise – a 25 minute walk
- read two uni lectures
- read a book
- tidied the house
- did two loads of laundry
- cleaned up the backyard (it was a mess after painting), washed down the outdoor furniture
- did the dishes
- did a little bit of gardening
- unpacked a box leftover from moving that I found, hiding from me in the closet
- organised the giveaway winner to receive her prize
- made healthy food for the day and a soup to last me a few days
Like I said, nothing crazy but I feel like I got lots done.
I stopped for lunch late in the afternoon and cooked up a baked potato, topped with chopped mushrooms, green onions, mushrooms and a little sour cream.
Dinner was a soup and sandwich combo of a grilled cheese and a soup I made with all the produce in the fridge that looked like it was about to go off.
That included two onions, four carrots, a head of broccoli, and a bag of mushrooms. I added some veggie broth and about 50g of dry pasta, too, plus chilli flakes, oregano, thyme, and salt and pepper. It was pretty good!
Now I’m taking a break from working and catching up on some blogs while enjoying this amazing Lindt hot chocolate- basically dark chocolate Lindt shavings melted into hot soy milk.
So good, and the perfect end to a busy day!
What’s the most productive thing you’ve done today?
Edited to add:
Today’s calorie totals, burn and deficit (I can’t get my app to update so I’ll just type it out):