This is the first of my weekly 12 Week Challenge recaps. I wanted to have a place where I could easily find my workouts and combined calorie deficit for the week, so this will be it. I’ll aim to post these on Sundays since the challenge weeks end on Saturdays.
12 Week Challenge: Week One
24 Feb Sunday- active rest (45 minute walk)
25 Feb Monday- 20 minute walk/run, 15 minutes leg exercises
26 Feb Tuesday- Body Pump (full body weight lifting class)
27 Feb Wednesday- 30 minute walk, 15 minute walk (later in the day)
28 Feb Thursday- personal training session
1 Mar Friday- 22 minute walk/run, shoulders and arms circuit x 2.5
2 Mar Saturday- 12WC group session (fit test), hour beach walk
which is an average deficit of 1417 calories per day.
- do physio exercises and foam roll three times…not achieved, I only foam rolled once
- eat between 1600-1800 calories per day…achieved!
- consume a maximum two serves of alcohol this week…achieved!
- lose 1.5kg (3.3 pounds)…achieved! I lost 2.6kg (5.72 lbs) this week!*
* It should be noted that my first weigh in was on the gym’s scales, and this morning’s weigh in was on my scales at home, so this number probably isn’t accurate. Next week should give me a better idea of what’s really happening.
How I felt
I felt good this week, but tired. Exercising every single day made my body pretty worn out by Saturday, but I know that with time I’ll get used to doing a higher level of activity again. I haven’t really had any major cravings for “bad” food, but I think that’s because I’ve been taking a moderate approach and watching serving sizes more than restricting any certain types of food. It was a good first week and I’m looking forward to seeing where the next few take me.